Position: Account Manager
Reports to: Account Director
Role Location: Shanghai
Golin is a global public relations agency that helps companies create change that matters. Throughout our 60+ year history we have redefined the role of PR with best-in-class, data driven creative that has earned worldwide attention and awards – we are both PRWeek Global Agency of the Year and AMEC Large Research & Measurement Team of the Year for 2019, 2020 and 2021. Representing some of the world’s biggest brands, we offer a suite of services from content creation and production, influencer marketing, corporate and consumer strategy, and public affairs to name a few.
We’re proud to have made an impact in Asia for over 25 years, with teams in Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taipei, Jakarta, Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul and Tokyo. Together, our mission is Creating Change in Asia for Asia – from defining new era travel through our multi-award-winning campaign work, to pioneering industry-leading tools, to purpose-driven legislation change, we make sure that the changes we
Located in the international hub where the east meets west, across the past two decades Golin Shanghai has collaborated with international and local clients on market research, brand localization strategy, integrated creative campaigns, public relations and digital communications.
Our ethos is simple yet powerful: we Go All In. For our clients. For our colleagues. For our agency. For our industry. If that sounds like something you could wake up every morning to help with, then read on.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As Account Manager you’ll create a meaningful impact for our clients, empower our people, and drive our business through an intentionally inclusive, powerfully diverse, and uncompromisingly equitable culture.
Account Manager manages accounts while building proficiency and the necessary skills to lead and manage teams. Account Manager provides tactical counsel to clients and manages the appropriate implementation on a variety of projects on a timely, deadline-focused basis. The Account Manager is the first level of management within the agency.
- Serve as a key day-to-day client contact
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of client’s business and industry - B2B tech, especially in the semiconductor industry
- Develop long-term brand or product campaign plans, presentation decks, and program recommendations for clients, and provide client counsel on tactical matters linked to strategic plans
- Generate new ideas and opportunities to ensure client program success
- Collaborate with social media team to understand opportunities to leverage PR programs and assets, and vice versa
- Lead regular client calls and provide account activity updates
- Manage day-to-day activation expenses to ensure that teams are staying on budget and be able to flag issues to senior managers in a timely manner
- Demonstrate a well-developed knowledge of relevant client media (general, business and semiconductor media)
- Assist with the development or optimization of media strategies, and supervise media list development
- Know the industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client
- Generate ideas for media outreach and pitch efforts, and pitch media persuasively and make pitch recommendations
- Write and/or edit media relations materials
- Qualify media inquiries and elevate important positive and negative feedback appropriately to team and client as necessary
- Direct and supervise the logistics of events (eg: media gathering or tours, media briefings, media events, )
- Contribute to the development of strategic client plans, proposals, releases, speeches, customer profiles, and other press materials
- Account for quality control and final review of all letters, memos, meeting reports, and client materials
- Counsel staff in the areas of writing and editing as necessary
- Ensure quality work from team to meet/exceed client expectations
- Successfully contribute to the growth of existing accounts
- Actively participate in agency development and assist with new business
- Develop work plans for junior team members, and serve as a role model to other team members
- Effectively communicate and manage up to senior team members about client or internal team issues and successes
- Train and develop staff
- Monitor group budgeting, revision, and account assignments
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s Degree
At least 5 years related professional experience in Technology area.
- Instills confidence with clients and team members, and can anticipate client and team needs
- Commitment and dedication to the agency’s success as well as individual career
- Demonstrates the ability to resolve conflicts or problems
- Able to work independently, and complete challenging projects within set parameters
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Can convey ownership of assigned projects to junior team members
- Aptitude for financial management
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Established skills in planning and crisis communication
- Desire to pursue learning and self-development; participates in required and voluntary professional development
- Attention to detail and quality
- Can impress new business prospects
Just as we #goallin for our clients, agency and industry – we #goallin for your career. In this role, you will have direct access to inspiring professionals and mentors who will not only help you improve your work, but establish a path for you to grow within Golin long term. Our employees stay for both the people and the agency’s willingness to be flexible with passions, purposes and career explorations.
For you to create the best work of your life, it’s important for us to give you the best experience. Being part of Golin Shanghai means:
- Supplementary Medicare Schemes
• 18 days Annual Leave and 5 days Paid Sick Leave
• Birthday Leave and Gift • Meal and Sport Allowance
• Festival Activities and Gift
• Annual Health Check
• Anniversary Bonus
To learn more about us visit: golin.com
Golin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Golin is committed to building a culture where all employees are seen as equal, are respected and where all opinions are heard. We take pride in our inclusive hiring, as well as our diverse workforce and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Personal data held by Golin relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Due to the large number of applications received, we apologize if we are unable to provide a response or feedback on unsuccessful applications. We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Golin.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.