Senior Manager, Social Insights & Analytics
Dallas, Texas, United States
Senior Manager, Social Insights and Analytics - Dallas
Golin is seeking an Insights and Analytics Senior Manager to join our Dallas office. This is an awesome opportunity for anyone who loves to solve problems, make strategic recommendations, and consult on digital and earned media campaigns to join Golin and have an immediate impact.
For this specific role, you should have a skillset that includes several analytics-related competencies. But if you’re missing something, we can teach you. At the Senior Manager level, you’ve already spent time in the back end of Facebook pulling organic and paid data from Business Manager and Ads Reporting. Pulling your own data is something you should be comfortable doing even if you don’t do it every day.
This role is about connecting the dots between something you saw in Twitter Analytics, a finding from Instagram, and a trend from your favorite brand on social. It’s about looking at media coverage and understanding what’s working and what’s not. Then you need to use your findings to make a strategic recommendation for Golin clients.
From there, you have to sell it. In a lot of ways, the internal Golin team is both your ally and your client. You have to make them believe in the recommendations that you are making. This can take the form of a quick, but well-informed email, a meeting on Teams, or a formal presentation deck with cool visualizations that help tell your story. That’s why our ideal candidate not only has an interest in how social media and earned media campaigns tick, but at the core, is a great marketer and communicator. This is a must.
Golin is a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, potently diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting - edge digital content, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare, technology and consumer service companies in the world.
Named PR Week's Global Agency of the Year for two years running and winner of a 2019 Gold Cannes Lion, we tend to Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to going all in for our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy, and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. LifeTime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, generous health and wellness benefits, the ability to work from anywhere one day a week and a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
Sound like you want to “Go All In” with us? Here are the details:
What You'll Do:
Each day will be dynamic and full of strategic decisions, constantly changing priorities and creative discovery. You will be accountable to:
- Own insights and analytics campaigns, directing multiple analysts to deliver award-winning client work on time and on budget
- Serve as a creative, analytical mind on the team to provide strategic recommendations for developing and improving social media and earned media campaigns
- Use web and social media analytics platforms to measure campaign success and provide data-backed recommendations for optimization
- Use Excel to the max, analyzing media coverage for trends and patterns that inform recommended actions
- Serve as a data journalist by uncovering strategic findings and insights using a range of digital analytics techniques, such as social listening, to help support business objectives, advance storytelling, and drive engagement
- Work closely with other junior and senior team members to compile, synthesize and analyze data sets. As well as, assisting with report creation and presenting to the client.
- Understand client background and needs, including general business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors in the marketplace
- Understand social channels and identify emerging opportunities for a diverse client set
To Qualify You Must Possess at least 50% of the list:
- Coursework in some form of marketing analysis, journalism, PR, mathematics, statistics and/or social science is preferred
- Basic understanding of principles of communications, digital marketing, and news media
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational and time-management
- Experience working with or interest in data visualization tools and creative ways to display information
- Keen eye for data trends and the ability to investigate and articulate factors that may account for these trends
- Show enthusiasm, passion and curiosity about digital/social/earned media analytics
- Possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Know how to prioritize and be adaptive to change
- Be highly motivated and eager to learn
- You must have your Bachelor’s degree
- 5-8 years of experience in digital analytics, market research or related field; agency experience preferred
- Experience with social media measurement, including organic and paid data analysis from Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, YouTube, and Pinterest. You should know your way around Business Manager and be able to take that data and turn it into a digital strategy.
- You must have knowledge and be comfortable working in Microsoft Office tools, specifically Excel. You must know what a Pivot Table is and know how to use it.
Golin has included the base salary range or hourly rate for this role. Actual compensation offered within the range will depend upon, among other factors: a candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience; actual ranges for current or former employees in the role; and market considerations.
Salary range: $70,000-$130,000
Any request to schedule an interview and any legitimate offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Golin. We will never require an applicant to provide sensitive personally identifiable information in order to conduct an interview.
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.