Position: Junior Designer
Reports to: Creative Partner
Role Location: GOLIN Shanghai
Golin is a global public relations agency that helps companies create change that matters. Throughout our 60+ year history we have redefined the role of PR with best-in-class, data driven creative that has earned worldwide attention and awards – we are both PRWeek Global Agency of the Year and AMEC Large Research & Measurement Team of the Year for 2019, 2020 and 2021. Representing some of the world’s biggest brands, we offer a suite of services from content creation and production, influencer marketing, corporate and consumer strategy, and public affairs to name a few.
We’re proud to have made an impact in Asia for over 25 years, with teams in Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taipei, Jakarta, Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul and Tokyo. Together, our mission is Creating Change in Asia for Asia – from defining new era travel through our multi-award-winning campaign work, to pioneering industry-leading tools, to purpose-driven legislation change, we make sure that the changes we make matter to business, society, legislation, our people and industry.
Located in the international hub where the east meets west, across the past two decades Golin Shanghai has collaborated with international and local clients on market research, brand localization strategy, integrated creative campaigns, public relations and digital communications.
Our ethos is simple yet powerful: we Go All In. For our clients. For our colleagues. For our agency. For our industry. If that sounds like something you could wake up every morning to help with, then read on.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a natural visual thinker, ready to expand on their skills that sometimes go beyond design. The graphic designer must have confidence to creatively assertive ideas and the passion to sell ideas to peers and clients. He or she must be pro-active in approach, and with a genuine understanding of the visual medium.
- Be a part of the creative team inside the agency, providing the team with innovative design concepts and elements and best practices
- Generating original visual executions that are both exciting and creatively attractive
- Delivering work of the highest quality after working with team members to develop new ideas
- Staying up-to-date of new media formats and learning how to incorporate them into executable designs
- Generating original visual executions that are both exciting and creatively attractive, including but not limited to:
- Small and large print items
- Exhibition walls
- Elements to be incorporated into digital works
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator with knowledge in as many as possible of the following tools a plus:
- An understanding of creative design, layout, and physical print mediums
- 1 year work experience in PR, Marketing, or other design-related fields
- Trend-savvy, ideally with a good understanding of new trends, luxury products and consumer perceptions
- Able to withstand pressure, keep calm and work in a solution-oriented manner
- Good judgment, flexibility with work hours, and the ability to quickly understand complex content
- The confidence to communicate your ideas and sell them to peers and clients
Just as we #goallin for our clients, agency and industry – we #goallin for your career. In this role, you will have direct access to inspiring professionals and mentors who will not only help you improve your work but also establish a path for you to grow within Golin long term. Our employees stay for both the people and the agency’s willingness to be flexible with passions, purposes and career explorations.
For you to create the best work of your life, it’s important for us to give you the best experience. Being part of Golin Shanghai means:
- Supplementary Medicare Schemes
- 18 days Annual Leave and 5 days Paid Sick Leave
- Birthday Leave and Gift
- Meal and Sport Allowance
- Festival Activities and Gift
- Annual Health Check
- Anniversary Bonus
To learn more about us visit: golin.com
Golin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Golin is committed to building a culture where all employees are seen as equal, are respected and where all opinions are heard. We take pride in our inclusive hiring, as well as our diverse workforce and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Personal data held by Golin relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Due to the large number of applications received, we apologize if we are unable to provide a response or feedback on unsuccessful applications. We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Golin.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.