VP, Digital Strategy
Dallas, Texas, United States
VP, Digital Strategy
Golin is a progressive public relations agency with expertise ranging from brand-building and cutting-edge digital content to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey, to deliver maximum impact for clients and reach a profoundly diverse global market. “Go All In” is the agency’s ethos and commitment to bravery over mediocrity.
We Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to Go All In for our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our Lifetime benefits program. Lifetime offers flexible time off, enhanced family care, ridiculously good health and wellness benefits, and a monthly Lifetime stipend for the gym or hobbies. We really do want you to play as hard as you work!
Why Work for Us?
We are a global agency of run by 1,700 diverse, bright and eager individuals collaborating with us in more than 40 cities around the globe. Some in offices, some working remotely. But regardless of our geographies, our passion for collaboration is the #1 reason clients and colleagues enjoy working with us.
This love for working together isn’t new for us…it started 60 years ago when our founder insisted that personal egos be set aside for the greater good of the agency. Because he knew great work starts with inspired teamwork. Our love for working together is how we get clients and colleagues to work with us and stay with us for decades. And how we launch brands, build careers, win awards and make everlasting friendships.
We are ready to Go All In for you…
Because we promise together, we will make the best work of our lives and create change that matters. If that sounds like something you could wake up every morning to help with, then read on.
About the Team:
We believe relevant brands earn their place in culture. In the age of ad blockers and information on-demand, it’s not something they can simply pay their way into anymore. That’s why we believe our earned-first approach to engagement and virtual experiences not only gives us a competitive advantage, but also explains why more than half of our work as a progressive PR agency is digital and social in nature.
About the Role:
Golin is currently looking for a VP, Digital Strategy to join our growing team of social and digital experts who excel at making brands hyper-relevant to their target audiences through a deep understanding of the always-evolving world of digital media and platforms. You'll work on multiple accounts with a rock star team of digital account pros, creatives, analysts, influencer marketing specialists, media buyers and digital strategists to determine and execute multi-channel social strategies aligning with client campaigns, priorities and initiatives, oversee the content creation process, monitor issues and trends, as well as contribute to creative ideation for social-first campaigns for the client with innovative approaches to engage with and influence our clients' target audiences across the digital ecosystem. You will also collaborate across disciplines (analytics, paid, influencer) to ensure adherence to strategic direction, ongoing optimization, insight gathering, and consistency in measurement, KPIs, and goals. You'll activate across digital platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok and more) in both organic and paid tactics to drive results.
Our ideal team member has social media strategy and planning experience in both B2B and B2C environments, is a trend-obsessed, future-looking storyteller – a person with strong writing skills, a track record of strategic and critical thinking with a creative flair, and an eagerness to expand their expertise in our clients’ industries.
This client-facing role calls for a hard-working digital strategist who’s more than capable of crafting paid/owned/earned strategies based on community insights, who isn’t shy to jump in and optimize social content to enhance performance, and who can push both the client and the team to think about new & emerging platforms for our clients to shine on.
Sound like an opportunity you’d like to pursue? Read on for more details:
What You’ll Do:
- Drive day-to-day execution of social content with a community-first approach; Oversee the execution of plans for small to medium-scale digital activations
- Lead overall social approach to community management, engagement, content strategy, etc.
- Serve as a primary day-to-day client contact, connecting the dots cross-functionally across different lines of the business
- Initiate and drive social/digital strategy development (inclusive of paid/owned/earned) with some direction/oversight
- Partner with analytics to report results, insights, and recommendations for all digital activations
- Demonstrate a deep working knowledge of the client’s digital/social landscape, and be able to spot opportunities and derive insights for our clients to evolve, grow or push the boundaries of what they do online
- Own and build upon a strong foundational knowledge of how to engage a variety of audiences through online tactics
- Frequently collaborate with paid, influencer, creative, and analytics teams to create integrated and innovative storytelling content for clients
- Live and breathe social media – Serve as go-to for team on current events, social media trends/platforms/best practices, and culture
- Contribute to digital thought leadership pieces for internal and external use
- Lead multiple projects/teams at one time, effectively prioritizing in real-time to meet deadlines and manage your workload
- Maintain basic knowledge of our proprietary tools
- Oversee team’s work, building knowledge, skills and effectiveness of junior team members as needed
- 10+ years of relevant experience; Consumer......B2B experience a strong plus
- Curious and future-minded, with an eye for the next big thing
- Social media savvy: informed, live online, trend watcher, news junkie
- Strong working knowledge of social media practices to fuel organic content planning
- Keen to leverage data and technology to understand social trends, user behaviors and conversation dynamics
- Deeply familiar with major and emerging social networks, including content best practices, user dynamics, platform functionality & pipeline updates; how platforms are used and how they COULD be used
- Commitment to excellence – ability to manage time, work efficiently and effectively while juggling multiple projects with teams and clients across offices and departments
- Adaptable to rapidly evolving client needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, social media management tools (Sprinklr, HootSuite, Khoros, etc.) and in project management tools (AirTable, Sharepoint, Slack, etc.)
- Expert understanding and experience integrating all elements of the digital landscape into comprehensive strategies, including basic analytics, social listening, content creation, community engagement, influencer marketing, and paid social tactics
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated client presentation, management and counseling experience
- Experience managing paid social campaigns is a plus
- Experience with large, complex brand(s) preferred
Please note: Preferred location is Dallas, and we are open to considering qualified remote candidates in other locations.
Golin has included the base salary range or hourly rate for this role. Actual compensation offered within the range will depend upon, among other factors: a candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience; actual ranges for current or former employees in the role; and market considerations.
Salary range: $120,000 - $219,000
Any request to schedule an interview and any legitimate offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Golin. We will never require an applicant to provide sensitive personally identifiable information in order to conduct an interview.
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.