PRep School Fellowship - 2024
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Launch and grow your future career in public relations and create change that matters with Golin!
Calling all current juniors at Historically Black Colleges and Universities OR representing Black Greek Letter Organizations on any college campuses -- the sororities and fraternities of the Divine Nine, to join us for our 2024 Golin PRepSchool summer program!
Past PRepSchoolers worked with major brands, as well as created impactful multi-cultural client pitches for program sponsors.
ABOUT PREP SCHOOL
PRep School is a fellowship program hosted by Golin. As a PRep School Fellow, you will have the opportunity to work with leading executives, be mentored by the brightest minds in the PR industry, and work on campaigns for award-winning clients. This is your chance to launch and grow your career in PR with one of the top public relations agencies in the world!
We are recruiting college juniors (Class of 2025) representing any HBCU OR any historically Black Fraternity or Sorority historically known as one of the “Divine Nine”:
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Incorporated
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Incorporated
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Incorporated
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated
- Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Incorporated
Our paid, full-time Fellowship program runs from June 10, 2024 – August 2, 2024, and is designed to give you the authentic experience of working in an agency. The PRep School program aims to provide varied experiences in PR with exposure to different practice areas and skillsets.
Fellows will work within our core practice groups, collaborating with client teams, and may learn about: crafting media pitches, researching and managing influencer campaigns, monitoring relevant news for stories and client mentions, identifying real-time opportunities, issues, and trends, and crafting social content, plus much more!
- 8-week paid fellowship in either our Atlanta, Chicago, Miami, or New York offices
- Experience working on real client accounts
- Career development curriculum with culturally relevant content to enhance your PR skill set
- Executive level support and 1:1 mentoring
- You are a college junior (Class of 2025) representing any HBCU OR
- You are a junior (Class of 2025) attending any college or university AND representing any historically Black Fraternity or Sorority of the Divine Nine
- Your major is in one of the following fields: Advertising, Business, Communications, Journalism, Liberal Arts, Marketing, Political Science, or Public Relations
- You can commit to our 8-week program from June 10, 2024 – August 2, 2024
- You can live in a host office city for the duration of the program - Please note a housing stipend will be provided
*** IMPORTANT - Please share what Golin host office city you would be interested in - Atlanta, Chicago, Miami, New York
We are a global public relations agency poised and staffing for the needs of today. Through our 60+ year history we have redefined the role of PR with best-in-class creative that has earned worldwide attention and awards. Representing some of the biggest Fortune One brands, we offer a suite of services from content creation and production, diversity equity & inclusion strategy, influencer marketing, corporate strategy, and public affairs to name a few. To learn more about Golin visit: golin.com.
Salary Range: $18.00
Golin has included the base salary range or hourly rate for this role. Actual compensation offered within the range will depend upon, among other factors: a candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience; actual ranges for current or former employees in the role; and market considerations.
Any request to schedule an interview and any legitimate offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Golin. We will never require an applicant to provide sensitive personally identifiable information in order to conduct an interview.
Golin is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.