Consumer PR Account Director (Connector)
Golin London’s 150 strong team has a reputation for doing things differently, delighting clients and rapid growth. Having rebuilt itself six years ago as an ‘agency for the future’, our team is known as one of the most decorated, inclusive and flexible employers in the business.
We are looking for an exemplary talent with a passion for brand communications and a proven ability to help design and execute world-class, integrated campaigns. This is an opportunity for SAMs/ JADs (we call ADs ‘senior managers’ here) with at least five years’ experience in consumer lifestyle brands, to join a progressive, industry-beating team.
Connectors are ambitious media strategists who play a key role in day-to-day consumer media relations, leading teams & campaigns but also helping to take our ‘connector’ community to the next level, positioning its work as a key component of new business and organic growth within the agency.
Golin is keen to stay ahead of the game and so our new hires will drive outstanding results across national, print, broadcast, online media & influencers but will also perform a crucial role in ensuring media intelligence and trends are incorporated into campaign planning and client communications. We want individuals who can take key media insights and educate clients on the changing opportunities and issues which will affect them.
The successful candidate will also be encouraged to play a role in client, team and campaign management and may have the opportunity to work on business-to-business client work.
Key parts of the role will be:
– Client consultancy – what will work, what won’t with the media, what are the trends we should be reacting to
- Consultancy may be required around issues management, with full support from the senior team as required
- Develop a deep and constantly evolving knowledge of clients’ business and their wider industry
– Media relations – maintaining a strong contacts books, selling in stories and seeking out client opportunities
- Writing and fine-tuning pitches and media materials
- Spotting news hijacking opportunities on a daily basis
- Liaising with media around new business opportunities, to produce videos or written materials for pitch documents
– Campaign planning: at the outset of campaign planning feeding in media intelligence and insights to inform creative and strategic plans
- Play a key role in brainstorming campaign ideas and activity
– Team management: Work with the other connectors and members of the wider consumer team to ensure excellent team work, leading day-to-day activity and helping junior team members progress
- Create a culture of media relations excellence across the agency
Clients could include; Dove, Premier Inn & npower.