SharePoint & Office 365 Consultant
About the role:
Architect 365, the specialist SharePoint & Office 365 team within Golin, are looking for a talented and passionate consultant to join our team. We specialise in building engaging intranets and applications on Microsoft SharePoint & Office 365, and our team is a fast growing and exciting area within the business.
Successful candidates will have a positive attitude and passion for helping companies to solve problems and maximise the benefits of SharePoint & Office 365. Working closely with our SharePoint Developers, Project Managers, User Experience (UX) team, Designers and Front-End Developers, the candidate will help to define and create the highest quality and cutting-edge SharePoint & Office 365 solutions.
This is a perfect role for someone looking to build on their consultative experience, create awesome solutions/user experiences and help to drive the strategic direction of our team.
- To lead and manage the technical delivery of our SharePoint & Office 365 projects from end-to-end, including:
- Supporting the business team with pre-sale activities, contributing to RFPs and assisting in large pitches to potential clients.
- Leading and overseeing technical quotes, analysis, and specifications to make sure they are complete and accurate, with appropriate contingency.
- Running client workshops to ensure necessary details are captured.
- Creating technical and functional specification documents.
- Ensuring outputs from our UX and Design teams are compatible with and optimised for SharePoint.
- Taking responsibility for the technical approach and quality of our development projects and working with the Development and Project Management teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Taking control over the process used for supporting our live SharePoint websites, helping to put in place the correct steps to manage and resolve issues as quickly and effectively as possible.
- To lead and manage the team of SharePoint Developers. Line management responsibilities include appraisals, identifying training needs, motivating and performance managing the team and involvement in technical recruitment. This should help to maintain a culture of innovation and collaboration within the team
- To assist in resourcing decisions and plans for team growth considering the skills and experience required within team.
- To help develop, plan and monitor a strategic direction for Architect 365 that is in line with the business’ objectives so as to improve the quality of our service and move away from legacy technologies.
- To keep up to date with the latest innovations in SharePoint, Office365, software development technologies and methodologies, and drive consistent standards and approaches within the team.
- To represent Golin as an expert in SharePoint & Office 365 by contributing to blogs, publications, forums and events as required.
- To efficiently manage your own workload and accurately record your time using the company timesheet system.
We are looking for someone with:
- 3+ years of consultancy experience in SharePoint & Office 365.
- Great communication skills and an ability to present complex technology topics to senior client stakeholders and the wider internal team.
- Proven ability for producing top quality written functional and technical specifications.
- Extensive experience in managing and administering SharePoint sites (Content Types, Site Columns, Term Store, Lists and Libraries, Permissions etc.).
- Excellent knowledge in architecting and designing Front End focused SharePoint solutions (Master Pages, Page Layouts, SharePoint Framework, REST APIs, CSOM, JSOM etc.).
- Good knowledge of the Office 365 Suite (Flow, Forms, Stream etc.)
- A passion for technology, with a willingness to learn and try new things.
- Great problem-solving skills and a love of finding creative ways around platform limitations.
- The ability to work closely with others and get on well with people from varying backgrounds.
- The ability to work on with proactivity and initiative.
- An attention for detail and good time management/organisation.
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience in turning beautiful website designs into working, responsive sites.
- Experience and interest in modern Front-End web design principles and patterns.
- Some experience in managing and administering deployments (VSTS deployments, PowerShell scripts).
- Exposure to module builders (Webpack).
- Exposure to CSS preprocessors (Sass/Less).
- Exposure to version control systems (Git/TFS).
A little more about us:
Architect 365 (https://www.architect365.co.uk/) is the dedicated SharePoint development team within Golin. We specialise in building engaging intranets and portals on the Microsoft SharePoint & Office 365 platforms. We’re passionate about changing the perception of SharePoint being seen as a sterile platform that is clunky and complicated to use. To do this, we take a modern, user-first and front-end focused approach on all of our projects – building engaging solutions that use the latest front-end frameworks and design methodologies.
We are fortunate to work with some great clients including Unilever, Tesco, Electronic Arts, Bupa, Sport Wales and Vifor Pharma.
Golin are an integrated communications agency that’s just been named ‘Agency of the Year’ six times in a row. At Golin, we possess the power to inspire and create change. By embracing new technologies and pushing creative boundaries, we help our clients adapt and win in a constantly changing world. We do things differently. Using our revolutionary g4 model, our specialist communities use proprietary tools to plan and execute powerful campaigns designed to create positive change for our clients.
Based in the old Prudential building next to Chancery Lane Tube station there are roughly 150 of us in Golin London, and the digital production team makes up a third of the office. We’re a friendly bunch of designers, animators, filmmakers, programmers and project managers. We think this gives us the best parts of being a small agency where you know everybody, but with plenty of room to grow and enjoy the benefits of a larger company.
To apply please send your cv and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org