Technology PR Manager (Media Expert)
Golin London’s 150 strong team has a reputation for doing things differently, delighting clients and rapid growth. Having rebuilt itself over six years ago as an ‘agency for the future’, this team is known as one of the most decorated, inclusive and flexible employers in the business.
PRCA Large Agency of the Year 2017, is looking for an exemplary talent with a passion for B2B technology communications and experience of working on world-class, integrated campaigns. This is an opportunity for experienced SAEs and JAMs with between 3-5years’ experience in technology to join a progressive, industry-beating team.
These ambitious media strategists (‘connectors’ in the Golin G4 model) will play a key role in day-to-day technology media relations but also help take our ‘connector’ community to the next level, positioning its work as a key component of new business and organic growth within the agency. Golin is keen to stay ahead of the game and so our new hires will drive outstanding results across national, print, broadcast and online media but will also perform a crucial role in ensuring media intelligence and trends are incorporated into campaign planning and client communications. We want individuals who can take key media insights and educate clients on the changing opportunities and issues which will affect them.
The successful candidate may also have the opportunity to work on corporate clients and alongside the media work, be encouraged to play a key role in client, team and campaign management.
We are passionate advocates for flexible working and are open to discussing part-time or flexible hours in relation to all of our open roles as part of the recruitment process. This could include part-time working, remote working or job shares.
KEY PARTS OF THE ROLE WILL BE:
- Client consultancy – what will work, what won’t with the media, what are the trends we should be reacting to
- Consultancy may be required around issues management, with full support from the senior team as required
- Develop a deep and constantly evolving knowledge of clients’ business and their wider industry
- Media relations – maintaining a strong contacts books, selling in stories and seeking out client opportunities
- Writing and fine-tuning pitches and media materials
- Spotting news hijacking opportunities on a daily basis
- Liaising with media around new business opportunities, to produce videos or written materials for pitch documents
- Campaign planning: at the outset of campaign planning feeding in media intelligence and insights to inform creative and strategic plans
- Team management: Work with the other connectors and members of the wider B2B team to ensure excellent team work and to help junior team members progress
- Create a culture of media relations excellence across the agency
Golin needs self-starters, individuals that will get out there and work their contacts, not just when there’s a story to sell-in but to consistently ensure that Golin remains on top of what is happening with key influencers.
The roles require exceptional flair for media strategy and flawless execution and project management skills to help effectively connect the dots between the (Golin) g4 communities, agency partners and clients. Solution-oriented problem-solvers, with drive and ambition, capable of working under pressure and of creating brave, awe-inspiring work will flourish here.
If you fancy working for the Agency of the Year please send your CV and a covering note to email@example.com .