Dimension Data Tour de France
Dimension Data’s digital transformation technology underpins the Tour de France, helping audiences engage with the race in new and exciting ways. We were tasked to show a B2B technology audience exactly how Dimension Data’s capabilities had revolutionised the world’s biggest and most prestigious cycling event and, how it could do the same for all businesses.
We used Dimension Data’s vast Tour de France data to cut through the noise of the world’s biggest race to focus on a technology story, and ensure that our story remained foremost in the minds of our target B2B decision makers. To build a relationship with media and influencers and understand their content preferences, we hosted a two-day Tour de France experience, bringing media and influencers to the race for 2 days of exclusive access to Dimension Data’s data scientists and the Dimension Data Big Data Truck. We then created a dedicated project team including media and influencer relations, copywriting, digital, social, insights and account management communities to take an always-on approach to the Tour de France. Our insights team would monitor and flag opportunities for engagement while our media and influencer team packaged up daily data and expert commentary for media targets, all designed and written by our Golin studio of designers and copywriters.
We led the earned and owned peloton for Dimension Data with:
- 173 pieces of coverage including key technology, business and mainstream national media. 17 top tier pieces of coverage including New Scientist, Tech Radar,Kevin Curran (Influencer), BBC Click
- 750m reached through earned media coverage – a 122% increase YoY
- 22 Key influencers attended events in the UK and France including the BBC, Wired, Computer World UK, Evening Standard, New Scientist, Computer Weekly, SportsPro and The Business Reporter
- 2,9K organic engagements with visual and motion content, developed by Golin and posted to Dimension Data’s owned social channels – a 31% increase from 2017. With 421 organic mentions of Dimension Data and Tour de France across all social channels
- 179%YoY increased engagement with content from B2B influencers around Dimension Data and Tour de France