Executive Director, Consumer - £90k
London, England, United Kingdom
- Thrive in the face of a creative challenge?
- Get excited about working with Clients who are ripping up the rule book?
- Relish the idea of delivering bold, brave work that brings fame (for you, the client and agency)?
Then you might just be the Executive Director we are looking for.
Golin is recruiting for a Director to work across its fastest growing and most awarded Client, ASICS. Shortlisted for no less than 3 Cannes Lions this year (winners pending), the work we do out of the London office is hailed as best in class throughout the entire international Golin network, with exposure that goes all the way to our Global CEO.
This new role has been created as a result of growth over the last 18 months. You will report into the existing Client Lead and be responsible for working across all ASICS workstreams (Global, EMEA, and UK) ensuring that campaigns are being delivered to the highest standards and on time.
As a Director you will:
Play an essential role in creating change for our clients. You drive our clients’ business as a brand steward and should have a genuine interest and passion in the brands that you represent. You are curious, creative, brave, inclusive and collaborative. Furthermore, you should be driven and take pride in the commercial results driven by your work and obsessed and flawless in your execution. You ensure we’re delivering the maximum impact in leading and managing accounts for the agency.
Delivering great work should be what drives you every day and above this, you should be thinking about how each campaign can lead to bigger and better in the future. Good work is what leads to growth and with a large portfolio client like this the opportunity for growth in terms of the brands we work with is endless.
As a Director, you are a relationship-builder. You add value to any conversation and always advocate for exceptional and brave work. You can identify and know how to bring great ideas and programs to life. You lead teams, campaigns and initiatives using your portfolio client lead above you to sense check, problem solve and push into innovative new areas for your clients.
What we are looking to you to demonstrate:
- Lead the ASICS account team, managing a team of Managers and Associates to:
- Establish best-in-class operating practices for campaign delivery – Client management, campaign activation, asset production and press office.
- You will have experience of working in integrated comms, bringing knowledge of how earned, owned and paid can work together effectively to amplify a campaign.
- And yet, will be a big believer in an earned first creative idea, knowing exactly how to land a story in editorial press, with established press contacts and an ability to coach more junior members in effective press office delivery.
- You have worked on Global work as well as local activation work and have a good understanding of how to work cross market and manage multiple client stakeholders.
- You will have experience of working with planning and creative departments, understanding when to bring in the right expertise in order to work smartly and deliver best in class thinking.
- You may have experience in the sports sector, but this isn’t a must. However, you have worked on high profile, complex and layered campaigns that have significant elements of asset production (film, photography, experiential, etc).
- Demonstrate curiosity and resourcefulness - always looking to improve skills and find new/better ways to drive efficiency.
- Be open to campaign plans switching direction through the delivery process – the client is incredibly collaborative and plans are tweaked as we go to deliver the most effective campaign possible. This gives us freedom to challenge the client, to test and learn, and requires the most passionate of team players.
- Assume responsibility and ownership for the quality of your work.
Finally, please note this role will span working with Golin and our sister agency Virgo Healthcare, who we work closely on client research with to give weight and substance to the types of campaigns we deliver for ASICS (see Mind Games, Mind Race and more).
Golin is a global public relations agency that helps companies create change that matters. Together, we discover powerful human truths that bind us, create with bravery and collaborate inclusively and obsessively. With 50 offices around the world and 60 years of experience, ‘Go All In’ is our agency’s ethos and commitment to bravery over mediocrity. We Go All In, in everything we do. We are committed to Go All In for our people, offering a hybrid working and brilliant benefits that builds a culture of happy people who are the best at what they do.
We’re proud of the work we do, and even prouder when it is recognised by our peers. For the past three years we’ve been named PRWeek Global Agency of the Year and AMEC Research and Measurement Team of Year and received many awards for our creative work. It’s a testament to our team’s excellent work and dedication to innovation and client service.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.