Senior Media Relations Manager
Dallas, Texas, United States
We are a global public relations agency with one mission: to make the best work of our lives and to create change that matters. We have redefined the role of public relations with a focus on earning attention for some of the world’s most iconic and beloved brands through brave ideas, bold insights and maximum impact for the profoundly diverse marketplace. To learn more about Golin visit: golin.com.
Why Work for Us?
We are a global agency run by 1,700 diverse, bright, and eager individuals collaborating with us in more than 40 cities around the globe. Some in offices, some working remotely. But regardless of our geographies, our passion for collaboration is the #1 reason clients and colleagues enjoy working with us.
This love for working together isn’t new for us…it started 60 years ago when our founder insisted that personal egos be set aside for the greater good of the agency. Because he knew great work starts with inspired teamwork. Our love for working together is how we get clients and colleagues to collaborate with us and stay with us for decades. And how we launch brands, build careers, win awards, and make everlasting friendships.
We are ready to Go All In for you…
Because we promise together, we will do the best work of our lives and create change that matters. If that sounds like something you could wake up every morning to help with, then read on.
Golin Dallas is hiring a Senior Manager, Earned Media to drive media strategy and execution that keeps our clients relevant with top media. You will have, and continue to build, strong media relationships with reporters and editors at a variety of top tier media outlets and will always be on the lookout for opportunities that lead to coverage. You will transform new product announcements and industry trends into compelling stories and craft interesting content that goes beyond a basic press release. You will engage with media across a variety of channels, including social media, email and, yes, even a phone call or two. We are looking for someone with the ability to think as a storyteller across platforms in real time.
- Support day-to-day media relations responsibilities for a prominent international brand.
- Develop media strategies for planned campaigns, ongoing programs and real-time news events that lead to ongoing, positive media coverage.
- Stay ahead of trends by identifying food/pop culture trends and create story opportunities from real-time news events.
- Build strong relationships with national, regional and trade media as well influencers, including writing compelling pitches to journalists. Effectively engage with these contacts across multiple channels, including email, social media, and phone.
- Interact with clients to present strategic recommendations addressing challenges and opportunities, as well as in “think on your feet” situations.
- Engage with clients and agency partners on a regular basis to create innovative PR programs that help shine a positive light on the client and brand, in addition to reaching new audiences who are receptive to the client’s products.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams across multiple disciplines to successfully manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges.
In this role, you will have direct access to seasoned, award-winning professionals who - will not only help improve your work - but establish a path for you to grow within Golin long term. This role provides the exciting opportunity to develop strong media relationships and create and build a new function within an established successful agency. One thing you will learn about Golin is people stay for both the people and the agency’s willingness to be flexible with career pivots and explorations.
- 5+ years of professional experience in media relations
- Strong writing, editing and media outreach skills are necessary. Not afraid of making an initial ‘cold call’ to establish new media relationships.
- Understanding of earned media strategy and experience creating media plans and compiling media lists.
- Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills are necessary, along with the ability to meet deadlines, juggle multiple tasks, and manage a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding people skills and superior client service skills.
- Be initiative-taking and highly motivated; demonstrate the ability and desire to work independently and confidently, but also deliver great work when working as part of a team.
- Comfortable working remotely and with team members located in other cities and time zones.
- Be meticulous with an ability to focus on the larger picture.
- Ability to work on multiple programs at once under tight deadlines.
- Provide sound counsel and be comfortable providing editorial and response recommendations to clients.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and client teams at all levels.
- Well-versed in AP style.
To reward our employees for creating the best work of their lives, Golin offers the following perks we strongly urge our employees to utilize:
- Flexible time off
- Extended Leave
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K matching program
- Training and career pathing
- Community service opportunities
Please note: Preferred location is Dallas, but we are open to considering qualified remote candidates in other markets.
Golin has included the base salary range or hourly rate for this role. Actual compensation offered within the range will depend upon, among other factors: a candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience; actual ranges for current or former employees in the role; and market considerations.
Salary range: $70,000-$130,000
Any request to schedule an interview and any legitimate offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Golin. We will never require an applicant to provide sensitive personally identifiable information in order to conduct an interview.
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.