Senior Manager (Consumer / Consumer Tech)
San Francisco, California, United States
Golin San Francisco is looking for a seasoned Manager or Senior Manager to join our team. Responsibilities include client counsel and relations, media strategy development and media relations across consumer lifestyle, fitness, food & beverage, and consumer tech media.
This role will support our clients in research and planning, launches, internal communications, earned/owned/paid/social media, and the coordination of major events. We’re looking for a dedicated team member with a can-do attitude who will develop and drive strategic initiatives that net strong media results. The role includes serving as a client go-to for conceptualizing and executing plans and variety of projects.
Want to “Go All In” with us? Here are the details:
What You’ll Do:
- Foster and maintain productive and influential client relationships
- Develop compelling, media-focused content, ranging from press releases and written pitches
- Have experience working with media across multiple channels, including email, social media, and influencer
- Continually seek out and create opportunities to place stories in all types of media, from traditional to digital
- Contribute to and implement media strategies for planned campaigns, ongoing “news engine” programs, and real-time news events that lead to ongoing, positive media coverage
- Stay ahead of trends and create story opportunities from real-time news events
- Create impactful stories from clients’ business developments and data
- Cultivate a culture of support, growth and partnership among teams
- Be a student of your clients' business to actively learn how we can help solve their business problems, and understanding the business beyond marketing communications
- Hold and set a high bar for executing smart and sound ideas, flawless execution of client programs and internal project management
- Drive and execute innovative work by partnering with your Creative, Planning, and Media teams to help sell ideas to your client, and helping your client to understand the vision and business benefit behind the idea; Lead plan development and familiar with developing client presentations.
- Serve as an integral member of the account team addressing the varied and changing needs of clients, proactively providing thoughtful ideas and solutions
- Have a command of the business and use that knowledge to collaborate with internal team members to develop and execute ideas and campaigns. Using that knowledge to become a “go-to” resource for your team and your client
- Help manage the budget, manage timely billing and reporting, and work with Agency finance team
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field with 4-7 years’ experience at a PR or Integrated Marketing Agency
- Passion for client service and an ability to juggle multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience leading large-scale projects
- Consumer and tech client experience, with existing lifestyle media relationships. Fitness and tech media relationships, and corporate experience is a plus!
- Proven experience working with media and a strong portfolio of story placements
- Superior writing and editing skills that can communicate creatively and in an engaging manner
- Deep understanding of earned media strategy and experience creating media plans and earned-first creative ideas
- Ability to execute and measure multifaceted campaigns and day-to-day communications initiatives
- Poise and calm under pressure and a desire to immerse yourself in a client's business to become a true partner
Golin has included the base salary range or hourly rate for this role. Actual compensation offered within the range will depend upon, among other factors: a candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience; actual ranges for current or former employees in the role; and market considerations.
$70,000 - $130,000
Any request to schedule an interview and any legitimate offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Golin. We will never require an applicant to provide sensitive personally identifiable information in order to conduct an interview.
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.