Senior Social Media Manager - £50k
London, England, United Kingdom
Golin, one of the world’s largest strategic communications firms, is looking for a social manager to join our London team, working on one of the world’s most prestigious technology brands on their social-first EMEA-wide comms programme. With your intimate knowledge of social platforms, you will help our team to create high value, client experiences, drive the vision of the social strategy and instill best practice approaches and rigour to all social comms.
With the client
- Establish strong relationships with client decision makers to understand their priorities and state of their business; use that knowledge to provide them with strategic recommendations around use of social media (paid, content, influencer) that enable the overall success of their business.
- Support the day to day client lead in the development of strategic and tactical plans across social but also have a strong understanding of other digital disciplines (content marketing/lead generation, SEO/SEM) to upsell as and when required
- Keep a keen eye on how evolving plans and priorities impact both B2B and B2C social campaigns including creative assets, copy and promotion timings (across different languages and time zones) and consult clients on how to best navigate these changes
- As part of an EMEA hub team, ensure local team needs across the region are represented in high-level meetings and ensure the balance is struck between clear global communications and local relevance
- Deliver expert counsel on new formats from existing platforms such as Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn while also advising on smart ‘test and learn’ approaches for new and emerging channels such as TikTok and Clubhouse.
- Help ensure clients are achieving their goals and seeing innovation and value-add while receiving the appropriate level of attention and service.
- Day to day management of a team of mixed skillset digital specialists to deliver social programmes for clients that span content, influencer and paid disciplines
- Drive the creation and ongoing revisions of digital activation plans to achieve our clients’ vision, hit their objectibes and deliver on the pre-agreed KPIs
- Work with the analytics team and client relationship lead (CRL) to review client performance and industry benchmarks to establish meaningful KPIs that align with clients’ strategic business objectives, and integrate management and measurement across multiple channels and paid strategies/campaigns
- Work closely with creative teams to ensure social content is built to take full advantage of features and functions in use by the major platforms.
- Keep teams apprised of relevant trends and digital opportunities that can add value to our clients and to our teams.
- Contribute to building and growing the overall digital marketing and ecommerce knowledge base of Golin.
- Maintain close relationships with representatives from platforms that we regularly use to advertise on behalf of clients (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) and leverage those relationships for unique client opportunities.
- Work with the CRL to support development of channel-specific paid media plans for campaigns and help secure appropriate budgets to support the activation of these media plans
- Become a key facilitator in the roll-out of digital skills training and support the establishment of digital proficiency across key client teams
- Ensure that best practices are shared across the teams; champion the improvement of the quality of work performed and results generated for clients.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the nuances of each platform and how to best use them to meet our clients’ needs and objectives
- A strategic thinker, manager and collaborator
- Experience managing a team at pace
- Experience working in a dedicated social media role either in-house or agency side
- Good relationships with relevant influencers
- Good understanding of paid media (especially paid social media)
- Detail-oriented … down to the Tweet
- Comfortable leading multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work independently, asking lots of questions to make the output of every project better
- Always driving for new ideas
Bonus Points For:
- Experience working with global brands
- Passion for B2B technology and Consumer technology
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.