Director, Social Impact and Inclusion
New York, New York, United States
The Director, Social Impact + Inclusion is a key position within Golin and this specific role will be responsible for developing and executing Latinx/Hispanic/multicultural-focused work for a roster of consumer and corporate clients.
We’re looking for a dedicated team member with subject matter expertise in the Latinx/Hispanic market who will serve as a day-day leader in the Social Impact + Inclusion practice, partner with account teams to develop and drive equity-led communications strategies and be a key player in the growth of the Social Impact + Inclusion practice.
You have a demonstrated track record in concepting and creating multicultural and/or DEI focused PR initiatives for major brands. You’ve helped organizations shape and evolve their approach to reaching the profoundly diverse market to becoming a category leader for their work focused on Latinx/Hispanic audiences. You thrive at the intersection of DEI communications focused on Latinx culture and public relations expertise. You have an in-depth understanding and passion for Latinx/Hispanic culture across generations. You are bilingual in English/Spanish – either fluently or conversational – and understand the nuances/colloquialisms of the language. You have an utter commitment to quality, and have a zeal for making the world a better place.
What You’ll Do:
- Advise account teams and clients on Latinx/Hispanic/DEI communications topics, including creating and shaping programs and initiatives across a wide range of industries including technology, CPG, food and beverage, financial services and personal care that lead with Earned
- Serve as a key day-to-day client contact and project manager; participate in and attend client meetings
- Collaborate with teams across multiple disciplines and geographies and successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges around social impact and equity
- Interact with clients to present strategic recommendations addressing multicultural PR challenges and opportunities, as well as in “think on your feet” situations
- Provide client counsel on tactical matters linked to strategic plans
- Proactively generate new ideas and opportunities for the development of strategic client plans
- Create and maintain project budgets
- Assist with supervision and development of junior team members
- Proofing and writing a variety of deliverables including but not limited to: communications plans, key messages, Op-eds, pitches, public statements and social media assets; proficiency in Spanish-writing is a nice to have, but not a mandatory as this role is not designed to be a translator
- Excel at verbal and written client, interpersonal and inter-team communications; comfortable in communicating bilingually as well
- Stay on top of industry best practices, client and competitor brand activity, and ensure Golin delivers game-changing ideas and solutions in the Latinx/Hispanic and multicultural space
- Stay ahead of trends in Latinx/Hispanic/DEI communications and create PR strategies from real-time news events
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8- 10 years of PR agency or related professional communications experience in house
- Demonstrated expertise in Latinx/Hispanic/multicultural communications topics
- Proven experience working on equity-led campaigns targeting Latinx/Hispanic audiences that have generated results
- Passion for new business
- Superior writing and editing skills that can communicate creatively and in an engaging manner
- Excellent writing, copy-editing and proof-reading skills
- Proficiency in Spanish-writing is a nice to have, but not a mandatory
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and superior client service skills
- Be proactive and highly motivated; demonstrate the ability and desire to work independently and confidently, but also as part of a team
- Be detail oriented with an ability to focus on the larger picture
- Comfort with ambiguity with understanding of how to leverage active listening to create clarity
- High passion and enthusiasm, a positive spirit, and ability translate that energy into generating results
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and client teams at all levels
Salary Range $100,000-180,000
Golin has included the base salary range or hourly rate for this role. Actual compensation offered within the range will depend upon, among other factors: a candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience; actual ranges for current or former employees in the role; and market considerations.
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.