Chicago, Illinois, United States
Golin is looking for a temporary Manager.
Golin is looking for a media-savvy Manager to drive media strategy and execution that keeps our clients relevant with top media. You’ll transform corporate milestones and data into compelling stories and craft interesting content that goes beyond the press release. You’ll engage with media across a variety of channels, including social media, email, media events and, yes, even a phone call or two.
We are looking for someone who can join us in a Freelance capacity and can commit to 40 hours per week.
- Seek out and create opportunities to place stories in media
- Contribute to media strategies to drive rich earned coverage
- Stay ahead of trends by identifying pop culture trends and create story opportunities from real-time news events
- Conduct media monitoring and develop compelling, media-focused content, ranging from press releases and messaging documents
- Conduct research on relevant media contacts and track competitor announcements
- Build strong relationships with national, regional and trade media as well influencers, including writing compelling pitches to journalists
- Work daily with media across multiple channels, including email, social media and phone
- Collaborate with teams across multiple disciplines and successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in PR or journalism, with 10+ years of related experience – retail experience a plus!
- Proven experience working with media and a strong portfolio of story placements
- Superior writing and editing skills that can communicate creatively and in an engaging manner
- Understanding of earned media strategy and experience contributing to media plans
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and superior client service skills
- Be detail oriented with an ability to focus on the larger picture with the ability to work on multiple programs at once under tight deadlines
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and client teams at all levels
Please note: This role is ideally located in Chicago, but we are open to considering qualified remote candidates in other locations.
Golin has included the base salary range or hourly rate for this role. Actual compensation offered within the range will depend upon, among other factors: a candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience; actual ranges for current or former employees in the role; and market considerations. Hourly rate: $50 - $55 per hour.
Any request to schedule an interview and any legitimate offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Golin. We will never require an applicant to provide sensitive personally identifiable information in order to conduct an interview.
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.