We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Golin have fraudulently used our name – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorised representative of Golin with an email address email@example.com.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.
VP, Director Media Relations (Healthcare)
New York, New York, United States
VP Media Relations, Healthcare
Golin is a progressive public relations agency with expertise ranging from brand-building and cutting- edge digital content, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey, to deliver maximum impact for clients and reach a profoundly diverse global market. “Go All In” is the agency’s ethos and commitment to bravery over mediocrity.
We Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to Go All In for our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. Lifetime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, ridiculously good health and wellness benefits, and a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. We really do want you to play as hard as you work!
Ready to go all in with us?
What You’ll Do:
- Help to build media strategy for U.S. and global healthcare accounts
- Contribute to new business strategy as it relates to media
- Develop, execute and deliver effective earned media campaigns leveraging Golin tools
- Provide counsel to clients
- Continue to develop and maintain relationships with producers, reporters, bloggers and other influencers
What You Have:
- 8+ years of healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotech, medical devices, hospital and health systems media relations experience
- Proven people leader with ability to motivate, communicate and set clear direction.
- Direct experience in maximizing media results for data publicity, regulatory milestones, medical meetings and high science stories as well as disease awareness and education
- Knowledge of driving media coverage for corporate healthcare and market access business stories
- Strong writer with excellent attention to detail who thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Deep knowledge of the interplay between earned and social media
- Strong relationships with national business and healthcare reporters, editors, and bloggers
- A demonstrated passion for working on significant and complex issues at the intersection of business and healthcare
- Agility in navigating the changing media landscape to evolve communications strategies in new and innovative ways
- Experience securing national coverage in both traditional media (newspapers, magazines, TV) and online media (bloggers) a must
- Solid writing and communication skills with the ability to develop news/story angles and pitches
- Proactive, creative thinker and dynamic team player who is results-driven and works well under pressure
Salary Range: $125,000 - $225,000
Golin has included the base salary or hourly rate for this role. Actual compensation offered within the range will depend upon, among other factors: actual ranges for current or former employees in the role; market considerations; budgetary considerations; as well as a candidate’s background, relevant experience, and qualifications.
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.