We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Golin have fraudulently used our name – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorised representative of Golin with an email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.
Reports to: Account Director
Role Location: Beijing
Golin is a global public relations agency that helps companies create change that matters. Throughout our 60+ year history we have redefined the role of PR with best-in-class, data driven creative that has earned worldwide attention and awards – we are both PRWeek Global Agency of the Year and AMEC Large Research & Measurement Team of the Year for 2019, 2020 and 2021. Representing some of the world’s biggest brands, we offer a suite of services from content creation and production, influencer marketing, corporate and consumer strategy, and public affairs to name a few.
We’re proud to have made an impact in Asia for over 25 years, with teams in Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taipei, Jakarta, Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul and Tokyo. Together, our mission is Creating Change in Asia for Asia – from defining new era travel through our multi-award-winning campaign work, to pioneering industry-leading tools, to purpose-driven legislation change, we make sure that the changes we make matter to business, society, legislation, our people and industry.
Our Beijing team specializes in powerful integrated solutions for major brands through our consumer, corporate, destination, government, healthcare, and technology work. We are proud to create with bravery and innovation.
Our ethos is simple yet powerful: we Go All In. For our clients. For our colleagues. For our agency. For our industry. If that sounds like something you could wake up every morning to help with, then read on.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As an Associate you’ll create meaningful impact for our clients, empower our people and drive our business through an intentionally inclusive, powerfully diverse and uncompromisingly equitable culture.
- Support account leader in driving all day-to-day components of PR, internal and executive communication programs
- Participate in client meetings and presentations as needed
- Manage client supplies, publications, resources, and materials
- Demonstrate knowledge of and familiarity with media pitching
- Understand clients’ top-tier media and be able to identify mass, gov, tech and business reporters in the IT/technology industries and vertical markets, particularly the semiconductor and PC sectors
- Building relationships with clients’ target media and influencers, and helping account leader to facilitate ongoing and future coverage
- Draft pitch letters, abstracts, profiles and press kit materials
- Support the logistics of online/offline interviews and media events
- Demonstrate strong written skills for basic materials (eg: bios, corporate backgrounders, factsheets, newsletter, etc.) and complex press and top-level materials (eg: press release, feature articles, byline articles, event wrap-up reports, executive speeches, internal note, etc.)
- Proof and edit client-related documents as needed
- Compose basic media plans and contribute to plan development processes as needed
- Communicate frequently and appropriately with account leader
- Attend agency staff meetings and group meetings
- Participate in new business pitch as needed
- Track/enter time in a precise and timely manner
- Manage external vendors
- Assist in WIP meeting agenda, meeting minutes, and weekly/monthly report preparation
- Conduct research for communication plans
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned
What you’ll bring
1+ years related professional experience in IT / PC / semiconductor / technology / B2B industry, corporate PR experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both English and Chinese
- Understand clients’ businesses and always catch up with latest industry trends
- Builds working relationships that foster teamwork, works well with others and inspires great work
- Can complete challenging projects within set parameters
- Develops personal leadership, is learning-focused, adaptable to change and proactive
- Demonstrates integrity in all actions
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet, on-line services, Media Map, etc
Just as we #goallin for our clients, agency and industry – we #goallin for your career. In this role, you will have direct access to inspiring professionals and mentors who will not only help you improve your work, but establish a path for you to grow within Golin long term. Our employees stay for both the people and the agency’s willingness to be flexible with passions, purposes and career explorations.
For you to create the best work of your life, it’s important for us to give you the best experience. Being part of Golin Beijing means:
- Supplementary Medicare Schemes
- 18 days Annual Leave and 5 days Paid Sick Leave
- Birthday Leave and Gift
- Meal and Sport Allowance
- Festival Activities and Gift
- Annual Health Check
- Anniversary Bonus
To learn more about us visit: golin.com
Golin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Golin is committed to building a culture where all employees are seen as equal, are respected and where all opinions are heard. We take pride in our inclusive hiring, as well as our diverse workforce and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Personal data held by Golin relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Due to the large number of applications received, we apologize if we are unable to provide a response or feedback on unsuccessful applications. We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Golin.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.