We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Golin have fraudulently used our name – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorised representative of Golin with an email address email@example.com.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.
Reports to: Senior Account Manager
Role Location: Beijing
Golin is a global public relations agency that helps companies create change that matters. Throughout our 60+ year history we have redefined the role of PR with best-in-class, data driven creative that has earned worldwide attention and awards – we are both PRWeek Global Agency of the Year and AMEC Large Research & Measurement Team of the Year for 2019, 2020 and 2021. Representing some of the world’s biggest brands, we offer a suite of services from content creation and production, influencer marketing, corporate and consumer strategy, and public affairs to name a few.
We’re proud to have made an impact in Asia for over 25 years, with teams in Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taipei, Jakarta, Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul and Tokyo. Together, our mission is Creating Change in Asia for Asia – from defining new era travel through our multi-award-winning campaign work, to pioneering industry-leading tools, to purpose-driven legislation change, we make sure that the changes we make matter to business, society, legislation, our people and industry.
Our Beijing team specializes in powerful integrated solutions for major brands through our consumer, corporate, destination, government, healthcare, and technology work. We are proud to create with bravery and innovation.
Our ethos is simple yet powerful: we Go All In. For our clients. For our colleagues. For our agency. For our industry. If that sounds like something you could wake up every morning to help with, then read on.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
A Consultant serves as a primary day-to-day client contact. He/she manages the flow of work and information to the account team. Consultant must maintain a thorough understanding of the client’s business and industry, and understand how to translate that knowledge into solid public relations counsel to different levels of client contacts. He/she will help to interpret and implement strategic plans for clients in conjunction with other team members. Consultant’s focus is on developing their proficiency and the necessary skill set to become a successful PR practitioner.
- Serve as key day-to-day client contact
- Develop strong understanding of client’s business and industry
- Assist in the development and management of client budgets
- Manage multiple projects for a variety of clients, if necessary, from concept to completion on time and within budget
- Proactively generate new ideas and opportunities to ensure client program success
- Provide client counsel on tactical matters, linked to strategic plans
- Conduct and manage the flow of information necessary to analyze client issues
- Participate in client meetings
- Develop client presentations
- Draft media relations materials
- Demonstrate a well-developed knowledge of relevant client media, especially 3C and gaming media
- Qualify media inquiries
- Pitch media persuasively and make pitch recommendations
- Generate ideas for media outreach and pitch efforts
- Manage or supervise the logistics of events (eg: satellite media tours, desk side briefings, editor events, etc.)
- Manage external vendors
- Develop proposals, releases, bylined articles and other press materials
- Proof and edit client related documents as needed
- Instruct staff in the areas of writing and editing as necessary
- Contribute to the development of strategic client plans
- Show potential leadership skills and supervise junior staff members
- Serve as a role model to other team members
- Provide objective input at Account Review meetings
- Balance workload between accounts and account staff to ensure that all work is accurate and completed within established deadlines
- Contribute to work plan of junior team members
- Add to performance review reports
- Train junior team members on public relations tactics
- Serve on internal committees; conduct in-house training sessions.
- Actively participate in agency development and assist with new business
- Continually update manager on progress of activities
- Talk intelligently about agency at internal and external meeting and industry functions
- Code, track and approve invoices and coordinate with the Accounting Department
- Track/enter time in a precise and timely manner
- Assist in account budgeting recommendations
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years related professional experience, especially the experience of PC, 3C and gaming
- Management experience
- Excellent english oral and written business communication skills
- Established skills in planning and crisis communication
- Aptitude for financial analysis
- Can work independently and within a team
- Proven media skills
- Demonstrates potential to lead accounts and interact with senior level clients
- Can anticipate client and team needs
- Can complete challenging projects within set parameters
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Commitment and dedication to the agency’s success as well as individual career
- Desire to pursue learning and self development; participates in required and voluntary professional development programs.
- Attention to detail and quality
- Can solve problems
- Proficient in Microsoft office skills like word, PowerPoint, excel, outlook, etc
Just as we #goallin for our clients, agency and industry – we #goallin for your career. In this role, you will have direct access to inspiring professionals and mentors who will not only help you improve your work, but establish a path for you to grow within Golin long term. Our employees stay for both the people and the agency’s willingness to be flexible with passions, purposes and career explorations.
For you to create the best work of your life, it’s important for us to give you the best experience. Being part of Golin Beijing means:
- Supplementary Medicare Schemes
- 18 days Annual Leave and 5 days Paid Sick Leave
- Birthday Leave and Gift
- Meal and Sport Allowance
- Festival Activities and Gift
- Annual Health Check
- Anniversary Bonus
To learn more about us visit: golin.com
Golin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Golin is committed to building a culture where all employees are seen as equal, are respected and where all opinions are heard. We take pride in our inclusive hiring, as well as our diverse workforce and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Personal data held by Golin relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Due to the large number of applications received, we apologize if we are unable to provide a response or feedback on unsuccessful applications. We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Golin.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.