We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Golin have fraudulently used our name – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorised representative of Golin with an email address email@example.com.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.
New York, New York, United States
Golin New York is looking for a Manager to join our team!
Who We Are
Golin is a progressive public relations agency with expertise ranging from brand-building and cutting- edge digital content, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey, to deliver maximum impact for clients and reach a profoundly diverse global market. “Go All In” is the agency’s ethos and commitment to bravery over mediocrity.
We Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to Go All In for our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy, and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. Lifetime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, ridiculously good health and wellness benefits, and a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. We really do want you to play as hard as you work!
Ready to go all in with us?
What You’ll Do:
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as a key day-to-day client contact; Participate in and attend client meetings
- Provide client counsel on tactical matters linked to strategic plans
- Proactively generate new ideas and opportunities for the development of strategic client plans
- Create and maintain project budgets
- Leverage working relationships with key media
- Contribute ideas for media outreach and pitch efforts
- Develop targeted media lists and keep your clients and teams up to date on the reporters covering the space
- use your relationships with national, regional and trade media as well as bloggers and influencers to shape and place stories
- Manage external vendors
- Assist with supervision and development of junior team members
- Proofing and writing a variety of deliverables including but not limited to: communications plans, key messages, Op-eds, pitches, public statements and social media assets.
- Excel at verbal and written client, interpersonal and intra-team communications
- Stay on top of industry best practices, client and competitor brand activity, and ensure Golin delivers game-changing ideas and solutions
- Shape and articulate POVs on media angles to teams and clients
- Collaborate with teams across multiple disciplines and geographies and successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges
- Interact with clients to present strategic recommendations addressing challenges and opportunities, as well as in “think on your feet” situation
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years of PR agency or related professional communications experience
- Proven experience working in media relations and communications
- Superior writing and editing skills that can communicate creatively and in an engaging manner
- Understanding of earned and paid media approaches
- Has an understanding of key social media platforms and how to create stakeholder engagement
- Excellent writing, copy-editing and proof-reading skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and superior client service skills
- Be proactive and highly motivated; demonstrate the ability and desire to work independently and confidently, but as part of a team
- Be detail oriented with an ability to focus on the larger picture
- High passion and enthusiasm, a positive spirit, and are able to translate that energy into generating results
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and client teams at all levels
- A high degree of professional polish, and a drive to bring your “A” game to work every day
Salary range: $55,000 - $95,000
Golin has included the base salary range or hourly rate for this role. Actual compensation offered within the range will depend upon, among other factors: a candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience; actual ranges for current or former employees in the role; and market considerations.
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Any request to schedule an interview and any legitimate offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Golin. We will never require an applicant to provide sensitive personally identifiable information in order to conduct an interview.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.