We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Golin have fraudulently used our name – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorised representative of Golin with an email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.
Administrative Office Associate
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Golin Toronto is looking for a full-time Administrative Office Associate to join our team! While this position is hybrid, there is an expectation to be in the office (located in The Globe & Mail building in Toronto’s Corktown neighborhood) when required by the team / our clients, at least three days per week.
This is a fast-paced, multi-faceted role and we are looking for someone with outstanding interpersonal skills who can multitask well and can coordinate people and competing priorities in a collaborative group environment. This role will be the primary assistant to the managing director – helping to coordinate the operations of the agency - and will also support several executives on the team in Toronto. They will also play a key role on our finance team managing vendors and purchase orders.
Who We Are
Golin is a progressive public relations agency with expertise ranging from brand-building and cutting- edge digital content, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey, to deliver maximum impact for clients and reach a profoundly diverse global market. “Go All In” is the agency’s ethos and commitment to bravery over mediocrity.
We Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to Go All In for our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. Lifetime offers flexible time off, enhanced family care, great health and wellness benefits, and a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. We really do want you to play as hard as you work!
Ready to go all in with us?
What You’ll Do:
- Support our Managing Director, providing top-notch administrative assistance, anticipating needs, ensuring seamless workflow, overseeing schedule throughout the day, preparing for meetings in advance, coordinating travel, calendars, and delivering overall support for all agency and business needs
- Support with time entry, expense reports, arranging appointments, meetings, conference calls, coordinating and confirming any materials and logistics
- Be the point person for office related questions and requests, effectively communicating with executives, leaders, clients, and team members across the organization
- Serve as go-to for office meetings: Plan, coordinate, and execute logistics (conference rooms, catering, agendas, materials, etc.)
- Own corporate travel: Arrange booking, transportation, flights and lodging, meeting coordination and accommodations, providing detailed itineraries, contact lists, and agendas.
- Daily office management: Serve as a resource for coordinating, managing, and implementing needs throughout the office, including ordering supplies and equipment, partnering with HR on new hire onboarding and IT to prepare for first day arrivals, replenishing snacks, and supplies, ensuring office area is neat and organized
- Welcome new hires, guests, clients, visitors, and staff, ensuring all feel welcomed and supported, owning our guest experience. Assign key cards, parking validations for visitors, and respond to all requests in a timely manner
- Partner with building and facilities management to maintain office, kitchen, common areas, and equipment
- Maintain knowledge of ongoing office projects and priorities, to provide support, guidance, and assistance as needed, giving appropriate prioritization to teams
- Handle business, company, and personnel details of highly confidential nature, and engage with high level contacts inside and outside the company
Support Day to Day Agency Operations
We are looking for a administrative assistant that will help our team to operate with excellence. As our team grows, responsibilities of this role will evolve. The day-to-day support will include (but not be limited to):
- Provide ongoing support to our team
- Coordinate office calendars for boardroom, employee vacations, client meetings and other holidays
- Coordinate weekly staff update, collecting contributions from the team
- Coordinate all in-office staff meetings with set-up/ clean-up, catering, equipment, etc.
- Maintain office wide aliases, contact list, org charts, office guides, etc.
- Coordinate travel, timesheets, and expense reports for senior staff
- Support monthly staff utilization and resource reporting
- Coordinate meetings, including beverage/food, catering, staff / client meeting needs, printed materials, etc. (in-office and remote)
- Assist with new hire prep (welcome email, gift, ship branded swag) and onboarding
- Support the Culture Club with planning staff events and activities
- Coordinate staff anniversaries, birthdays, etc.
- Coordinate and maintain inventory cupboard, ongoing clean-up and organization
- Work with building management to maintain office space, parking spaces, etc.
- Keep kitchen and shared spaces organized and clean
- Coordinate kitchen inventory including drinks and snacks for staff and clients
Partner with Finance Team to:
- Provide ongoing support to our finance team
- Take part in all required trainings and ongoing maintenance of systems and tools
- Routinely train and provide assistance to our team on vendor relations
- Coordinate vendor set-up, opening POs, client invoicing
- Process office invoices in a timely manner, follow-ups where required, Coordinate account and agency trackers
- Order office supplies and Coordinate office budget
- Coordinate Monthly Corporate Account Reconciliation Reports for the purchases made on the American Express cards (for managing director and senior staff)
- Maintain list of monetary gifts to employees for quarterly Taxable Fringe Benefits Report
- Coordinate all agency subscriptions and payments
- Coordinate vendor contracts and liaise with legal, finance
- Maintain/Purchase branded merchandise
What You Have
- A positive, “go all in” demeanor with an aim to help our entire team operate with excellence
- Proven experience as an Office Manager, Front office Coordinator or Administrative / Executive assistant
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems, and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word, in particular)
- Proficiency in time entry systems, such as Fiori is preferred
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g., scanners and printers)
- Familiarity with email scheduling tools, outlook mail calendar
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise with Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office programs required
- Strong attention to detail, following through on projects and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Extensive meeting coordination, event planning, corporate travel, expense report, administrative and office management experience
- Superb coordination and time management expertise, with high level of interpersonal skills to work efficiently and effectively across the office and agency
- Proficient in MS Office, especially strong PowerPoint skills, with advanced computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- A self-starter, with a strong work ethic, highly professional, with the ability to be adaptable, credible, strategic, and diplomatic
- Can handle various projects, meet tight deadlines, respond in a timely manner, and adapt to changing needs
- Excellent communication, coordination, organizational, and collaboration skills
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task priorities, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Any request to schedule an interview and any legitimate offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Golin. We will never require an applicant to provide sensitive personally identifiable information in order to conduct an interview.
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.