We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Golin have fraudulently used our name – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorised representative of Golin with an email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.
Senior Associate, Social Analytics
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Golin is seeking a Senior Analytics Associate to play a key role in contributing to one of the fast-growing, sought-after teams in the agency. The ideal candidate is as unique as our insights and analytics team. Part digital analyst, part creative problem solver, the role is a true hybrid with a deep understanding of digital and social analytics as well as the ability to tell stories with data and synthesize findings from a variety of different sources.
Golin is a progressive public relations agency with expertise ranging from brand-building and cutting- edge digital content, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey, to deliver maximum impact for clients and reach a profoundly diverse global market. “Go All In” is the agency’s ethos and commitment to bravery over mediocrity.
We Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to Go All In for our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our Lifetime benefits program. Lifetime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, ridiculously good health and wellness benefits, and a monthly Lifetime stipend for the gym or hobbies. We really do want you to play as hard as you work!
Sound like you want to “Go All In” with us? Here are the details:
What You’ll Do:
The role will focus on supporting data collection, reporting, and experimentation practices of the client to drive incremental project initiatives through thought leadership.
- Help to optimize programs through measurement and analysis to support client objectives, focusing on analytics implementation, customization, and automation of data collection processes.
- Monitor and evaluate digital and social media results on a daily/weekly/monthly/biannual basis in coordination with account team to assess client performance against goals and benchmarks.
- Must be hands-on and work as part of technical analytics team for data framework implementations to gather data from assigned sources (e.g.; Adobe/Google Analytics, Sprinklr, Talkwalker, Canvs, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insight).
- Ability to use tag management tools to accommodate custom tracking requirements.
- Familiarity with Analytics Workspace, reporting, and admin console in Adobe Analytics a plus.
- Manage social media coverage coding and analysis; execute digital and social media research and measurement assignments (across earned, owned, and paid; web, mobile, email, social, and media) with minimal supervision.
- Analyze referral traffic data and pull-out actionable insights through platforms such as Adobe Analytics
- Extract and record data across multiple platforms (including native social platforms) to be used for reporting and to calculate benchmarks for all social media types on a quarterly basis.
- Formulate and automate processes within Excel.
- Think strategically and be insightful with the ability to tell a story that converts data into actionable insights.
- Communicate to account team and end clients on project developments, timelines, and results; manage multiple projects concurrently toward successful completion, including ongoing core workstreams and ad-hoc, quick-turn needs.
- Demonstrate a strong interest in and understanding of social media metrics and trends.
- Be change-agent within our agency, helping to propose new, innovative approaches to analytics and measurement that push our clients to think differently.
- 2+ years of experience in analytics function within the marketing/PR/digital media industry
- Experience in the analysis of large data sets to find useful relationships (data mining). Working with and creating databases and dashboards utilizing all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Strong analytical skills with a general understanding of statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations.
- Experience using Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, and similar web analytics tools.
- Experience using social analytics platforms such as Sprinklr, Talkwalker, Brandwatch, and similar analytics tools; must be comfortable learning new systems and tools.
- Comfortable using BI dashboards (Tableau / Looker / Power BI) is a plus.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel, including organizing and maintaining databases, using formulas, and developing charts and tables.
- Proactive, fast learner, and highly motivated team player to lead and execute projects in support of the team.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate across teams.
- Ability to think on your feet and participate in brainstorms and work sessions.
- Communicate effectively with direct manager and account team to set expectations, share status updates, and flag potential issues.
- Time management and prioritization skills and the ability to juggle multiple deliverables and timelines at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong presentation, communication, and writing skills.
We are a global public relations agency poised and staffing for the needs of today. Through our 60+ year history we have redefined the role of PR with best-in-class work that has earned worldwide attention and awards. Representing some of the biggest Fortune One brands, we offer a suite of services from content creation and production, diversity equity & inclusion strategy, influencer marketing, corporate strategy, and public affairs to name a few. To learn more about Golin visit: golin.com.
Salary range: $50,000-$70,000
Golin has included the base salary range or hourly rate for this role. Actual compensation offered within the range will depend upon, among other factors: a candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience; actual ranges for current or former employees in the role; and market considerations.
Any request to schedule an interview and any legitimate offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Golin. We will never require an applicant to provide sensitive personally identifiable information in order to conduct an interview.
Golin is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.