We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Golin have fraudulently used our name – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorised representative of Golin with an email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.
Position: Associate/ Senior Associate, Technology and Corporate Practice
Reports to: Account Director
Role Location: Shanghai
Golin is a global public relations agency that helps companies create change that matters. Throughout our 60+ year history we have redefined the role of PR with best-in-class, data driven creative that has earned worldwide attention and awards – we are both PRWeek Global Agency of the Year and AMEC Large Research & Measurement Team of the Year for 2019, 2020 and 2021. Representing some of the world’s biggest brands, we offer a suite of services from content creation and production, influencer marketing, corporate and consumer strategy, and public affairs to name a few.
We’re proud to have made an impact in Asia for over 25 years, with teams in Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taipei, Jakarta, Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul and Tokyo. Together, our mission is Creating Change in Asia for Asia – from defining new era travel through our multi-award-winning campaign work, to pioneering industry-leading tools, to purpose-driven legislation change, we make sure that the changes we make matter to business, society, legislation, our people and industry.
Our Shanghai team specializes in powerful integrated solutions for major brands through our consumer, corporate, destination, government, healthcare, and technology work. We are proud to create with bravery and innovation.
Our ethos is simple yet powerful: we Go All In. For our clients. For our colleagues. For our agency. For our industry. If that sounds like something you could wake up every morning to help with, then read on.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
An Associate/Senior Associate is expected to understand and learn the business of the clients he/she works for and the marketplace it sells to. He/She performs fundamental PR tasks such as monitoring/assisting in the production of media related materials, media outreach and begin developing client relationships. This position is focused on developing the necessary skill set to become a successful PR practitioner.
- Manage client supplies, publications, resources and materials
- Work with client on tactical issues as required by account team leaders
- Participate in client meetings and presentations as needed
- Prepare client meeting reports
- Responsible for client product/inventory closet
- Draft media relations materials
- Demonstrate knowledge of and familiarity with media pitching and tour scheduling
- Understand clients’ top-tier media and be able to identify trade and business editors and analysts in the IT/technology industries and vertical markets
- Monitor media outlets for coverage of client news and competitor developments
- Generate client-related story angles
- Conduct media outreach and follow-up: begin development of strong media relationships
- Manage external vendors
- Provide assistance with the logistics of events (eg: satellite media tours, desk side briefings, editor events, etc.)
- Draft pitch letters, abstracts, profiles, press kit materials and releases
- Proof and edit client related documents as needed
- Compose basic media plans and contribute to plan development processes (as needed)
- Balance workload between projects and account staff to ensure that all work is accurate and completed within established deadlines
- Communicate frequently and appropriately with manager
- Attend agency staff meetings and group meetings
- Oversee interns and account coordinators as needed
- Track/enter time in a precise and timely manner
- Code and track invoices and coordinate with the Accounting Department
- Assist in weekly/monthly report preparation
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned
- Conduct research for plan development
- Research vendor costs for budget development
1 - 2 years related professional experience in IT / technology / B2B industry; Better to be in Semiconductor area
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both English and Chinese
- Fosters open communication and acts as a role model for how to treat others
- Builds working relationships that foster teamwork, works well with others and inspires great work.
- Demonstrates potential to lead projects and interact with clients
- Can complete challenging projects within set parameters
- Develops personal leadership, is learning focused, adaptable to change and proactive
- Excellent judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Demonstrates integrity in all actions
- Desire to pursue learning and self-development; participates in required and voluntary professional development programs.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Can solve problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet, on-line services, Media Map, etc
Just as we #goallin for our clients, agency and industry – we #goallin for your career. In this role, you will have direct access to inspiring professionals and mentors who will not only help you improve your work, but establish a path for you to grow within Golin long term. Our employees stay for both the people and the agency’s willingness to be flexible with passions, purposes and career explorations.
For you to create the best work of your life, it’s important for us to give you the best experience. Being part of Golin Shanghai means:
- Supplementary Medicare Schemes
- 18 days Annual Leave and 5 days Paid Sick Leave
- Birthday Leave and Gift
- Meal and Sport Allowance
- Festival Activities and Gift
- Annual Health Check
- Anniversary Bonus
To learn more about us visit: golin.com
Golin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Golin is committed to building a culture where all employees are seen as equal, are respected and where all opinions are heard. We take pride in our inclusive hiring, as well as our diverse workforce and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Personal data held by Golin relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Due to the large number of applications received, we apologize if we are unable to provide a response or feedback on unsuccessful applications. We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Golin.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.