We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Golin have fraudulently used our name – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorised representative of Golin with an email address email@example.com.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.
Position: Account Coordinator
Reports to: Account Manager
Role Location: Beijing
Golin is a global public relations agency that helps companies create change that matters. Throughout our 60+ year history we have redefined the role of PR with best-in-class, data driven creative that has earned worldwide attention and awards – we are both PRWeek Global Agency of the Year and AMEC Large Research & Measurement Team of the Year for 2019, 2020 and 2021. Representing some of the world’s biggest brands, we offer a suite of services from content creation and production, influencer marketing, corporate and consumer strategy, and public affairs to name a few.
We’re proud to have made an impact in Asia for over 25 years, with teams in Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taipei, Jakarta, Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul and Tokyo. Together, our mission is Creating Change in Asia for Asia – from defining new era travel through our multi-award-winning campaign work, to pioneering industry-leading tools, to purpose-driven legislation change, we make sure that the changes we make matter to business, society, legislation, our people and industry.
Our Beijing team specializes in powerful integrated solutions for major brands through our consumer, corporate, destination, government, healthcare, and technology work. We are proud to create with bravery and innovation.
Our ethos is simple yet powerful: we Go All In. For our clients. For our colleagues. For our agency. For our industry. If that sounds like something you could wake up every morning to help with, then read on.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Account Coordinator is an entry-level position at DeVries Global. An Account Coordinator supports his/her account team and must efficiently service it. He/she must have excellent organizational skills and be able to adapt to multiple assignments and deadlines, as well as an environment that changes frequently. The focus of the position is on managing and developing media lists, editorial calendars, speaking calendars, clip reports, briefing materials, etc.
- Proactive in understanding the client’s business
- Familiar with key client contacts’ names, titles, and relationship with agency
- Have a clear understanding of client’s organizational structure
- Schedule and coordinate client meetings; keep participants advised of any changes
- Maintain adequate supply of client-related materials and documents
- Maintain client product/inventory closet
- Interact with client as deemed necessary by account team leader
- Daily media pitching & communication
- Draft media relations materials
- Develop and maintain media contact lists and databases
- Maintain media files
- Continually update knowledge of new media
- Research and maintain speaking/editorial opportunities and calendars
- Scan daily, weekly, monthly and on-line publications to identify client-relevant media coverage, including competitive market and industry information
- Draft basic press releases, pitch letters, and briefing documents
- Proof and edit internal and external documents
- Prepare clip reports and summaries as needed by team and client
- Collect data and information for trends report
- Actively participate in agency development by volunteering to assist other staff with urgent client needs
- Balance workload between account staff to ensure that all work is accurate and completed within established deadlines
- Continually update manager on progress of activities
- Provide assistance with the logistics of events (eg: satellite media tours, desk side briefings, editor events, etc.)
- Clearly communicate and liaise with other teams within the division
- Track/enter time in a precise and timely manner
- Code and track invoices and coordinate with the Accounting Department
- Arrange travel
- Coordinate mass mailings
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned
- Conduct research for plan development
What you’ll bring
- At least 3 months Internship experience in a public relations
- Any experience in the technical or automotive fields will be given preference
- Interest in auto/technology and the ability to keep up with industry trends is preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English and Chinese
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time in a consistent manner
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Good judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Attention to detail
- Can solve problems
- Desire to pursue learning and self development; participates in required and voluntary professional development programs.
- Knows how to ask appropriately for assistance from other team members
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet, on-line services, Cision, etc.
- Enjoy teamwork and understand how to work with others effectively
- Possess logical thinking skills and sense of responsibility
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment, and have capacity to withstand stress
Just as we #goallin for our clients, agency and industry – we #goallin for your career. In this role, you will have direct access to inspiring professionals and mentors who will not only help you improve your work, but establish a path for you to grow within Golin long term. Our employees stay for both the people and the agency’s willingness to be flexible with passions, purposes and career explorations.
For you to create the best work of your life, it’s important for us to give you the best experience. Being part of Golin Beijing means:
- Supplementary Medicare Schemes
- 18 days Annual Leave and 5 days Paid Sick Leave
- Birthday Leave and Gift
- Meal and Sport Allowance
- Festival Activities and Gift
- Annual Health Check
- Anniversary Bonus
Golin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Golin is committed to building a culture where all employees are seen as equal, are respected and where all opinions are heard. We take pride in our inclusive hiring, as well as our diverse workforce and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Personal data held by Golin relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Due to the large number of applications received, we apologize if we are unable to provide a response or feedback on unsuccessful applications. We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Golin.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.