We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Golin have fraudulently used our name – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorised representative of Golin with an email address email@example.com.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.
Senior Vice President, Executive Director, Human Resources
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Our Golin Healthcare practice is looking for a passionate, engaged, experienced Senior Vice President of Human Resources to support the growth and development of our people and practice.
This position serves on the leadership team for the healthcare practice and will oversee, manage, and develop programs focused on growth, engagement, and strategic support for 140 employees across the practice, including Golin Health and Virgo Health US. The SVP serves as a partner to the President of the Healthcare practice and reports into the Global Head of Human Resources.
You will provide counsel to senior leadership and employees, staying current on HR best practices to help shape processes and programs that continue to enhance an inclusive employee experience.
In addition, this role focuses on strategic talent programs to help drive the business, as well as collaborating with their Talent Acquisition partners to continue bringing in exceptional team members for the practice.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has been a trusted advisor and counselor, owning the full scope of Human Resources responsibilities, including but not limited to; performance management, talent management, employee development, employee relations, benefits, HRIS, engagement and retention and onboarding. We are also looking for someone who is passionate and excited about the opportunity to help support the growth of this practice and team.
The role is hybrid and can be based in either Chicago or New York only.
What You'll Do:
- Anticipate challenges and be proactive in providing guidance and solutions to the leadership team.
- Serve as a thought partner to the executive leadership team.
- Establish relationships with leadership and employees to problem-solve issues, elevating as appropriate; facilitate and manage employee relations issues at all levels.
- Anticipate challenges and create strategies to remedy and avoid them.
- Consistently innovate, bring new thought-leadership and ideas to help develop our people function.
- Be committed to hiring, retaining, and growing diverse talent and setting the tone for an inclusive environment. Support the team’s DEI Council in advancing its strategic plan.
- Proactively assess and identify areas of opportunity and develop talent strategy in partnership with leadership and TA to execute.
- Keep pulse on challenges within Golin Health or Virgo Health, and proactively share strategic solutions with leadership to drive positive change.
- Ability to drive change and work with leaders to maximize performance, engagement and retention.
- Build trusted internal relationships to assess people, team, and business needs, recommending and implementing solutions to drive improvements as needed.
- Partner, coach, and counsel leaders on all people related matters to foster a culture of engagement and accountability.
- Understand two diverse business segments – PR and medical communications – working with leadership to align talent to operational and agency goals, advocating for employees, while supporting the needs of the agency and business.
- Drive growth of the team, supporting leadership and employees in setting goals, career pathing, encouraging training and development opportunities, and ensuring managers are equipped with the tools to support performance management needs.
- 12-15 years of relevant HR experience that includes HR business partnership.
- Bachelor’s degree required and HR certification or master’s degree in HR preferred.
- Advertising agency, Public Relations agency, or Professional Services industry experience preferred.
- Experience partnering with executive leadership on both strategic and tactical people initiatives.
- Experience fostering inclusive work environments and driving diversity, equity and inclusion strategies.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills.
- Project management skills with proven experience leading and influencing cross functional teams.
- Experience being both strategic and tactical in high growth organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish trust and inspire confidence across all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to confidently motivate, mentor, and guide.
- Proven ability to execute against organizational HR and business goals, providing solutions and managing against tactical and strategic needs.
- Stay current on HR trends to develop solutions using current best practices in the field.
- Solutions oriented, problem solver, with the ability to drive decisions in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Experience working and partnering with senior leadership across the breadth of HR related areas.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and manage sensitive conversations.
- Collaborative relationship style, ability to partner effectively with leaders and employees at all levels of the organization across multiple teams.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills necessary, with the ability to develop and share recommendations succinctly and accurately.
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking, and strong follow-through required.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work quickly and efficiently.
- Personable, approachable, with strong people and management skills.
- Exceptional listener and able to convert what’s heard to appropriate action.
- People leader and influencer.
- Provide guidance and motivation for direct reports.
- Provide opportunities for growth, development and learning for direct reports.
We are a global public relations agency poised and staffing for the needs of today. Through our 60+ year history we have redefined the role of PR with best-in-class creative that has earned worldwide attention and awards. Representing some of the biggest Fortune One brands, we offer a suite of services from content creation and production, diversity equity & inclusion strategy, influencer marketing, corporate strategy, and public affairs to name a few. To learn more about Golin visit: golin.com.
Salary Range: $200,000 - $210,000
Golin has included the base salary range or hourly rate for this role. Actual compensation offered within the range will depend upon, among other factors: a candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience; actual ranges for current or former employees in the role; and market considerations.
Any request to schedule an interview and any legitimate offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Golin. We will never require an applicant to provide sensitive personally identifiable information in order to conduct an interview.
Golin is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.