We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Golin have fraudulently used our name – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorised representative of Golin with an email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.
Position: Senior Associate/Consultant_Destination/Tourism
Reports to: Senior Manager
Role Location: Beijing
Golin is a global public relations agency that helps companies create change that matters. Throughout our 60+ year history we have redefined the role of PR with best-in-class, data driven creative that has earned worldwide attention and awards – we are both PRWeek Global Agency of the Year and AMEC Large Research & Measurement Team of the Year for 2019, 2020 and 2021. Representing some of the world’s biggest brands, we offer a suite of services from content creation and production, influencer marketing, corporate and consumer strategy, and public affairs to name a few.
We’re proud to have made an impact in Asia for over 25 years, with teams in Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taipei, Jakarta, Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul and Tokyo. Together, our mission is Creating Change in Asia for Asia – from defining new era travel through our multi-award-winning campaign work, to pioneering industry-leading tools, to purpose-driven legislation change, we make sure that the changes we make matter to business, society, legislation, our people and industry.
Our Beijing team specializes in powerful integrated solutions for major brands through our consumer, corporate, destination, government, healthcare, and technology work. We are proud to create with bravery and innovation.
Our ethos is simple yet powerful: we Go All In. For our clients. For our colleagues. For our agency. For our industry. If that sounds like something you could wake up every morning to help with, then read on.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Associate/Consultant to join our Public Affairs & Corporate Communications practice in Beijing, and play a pivotal role in supporting integrated communications projects for one of the largest tourism brands from New York City in the Chinese market. This talent will report to the Senior Manager based in the United States, focusing on specific client deliverables. Additionally, this role involves a dotted reporting line to the Senior Vice President in Beijing, handling operational or administrative assignments.
This role is expected to not only understand but also actively learn about the business of our clients and the markets they serve. At same time she/he involves fundamental public relations tasks, such as monitoring and assisting in the production of media-related materials, engaging in media outreach, and beginning to develop client relationships. The focus for a Senior Associate/Consultant is on honing the skill set necessary to become a successful PR practitioner in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Proactively lead specific aspects of an account, demonstrating initiative and ownership over tasks across traditional PR, social media and integrated marketing in the Chinese market.
- Communicate effectively with key client contacts based in New York City while representing the agency’s POV.
- Capable of presenting information during meetings with clarity and consistency, proficient in both Chinese and English.
- Track project and deliverable status, adept at preparing various reports across formats in both Chinese and English.
- Participate in client engagements, accommodating New York-based clients' schedules as occasionally needed, which may include early morning / early evening meetings in China time.
- Manage client supplies, publications, resources, and materials with an organized and efficient approach.
- Prepare detailed and accurate client meeting reports.
- Responsible for maintaining and overseeing the client product/inventory closet.
- Draft media relations materials including press releases, key messages, Q&As, ensuring high-quality and impactful communication.
- Build and maintain relationships with travel, lifestyle, business, and general news outlets in the Greater China Region, encompassing Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.
- Demonstrate expertise in media pitching and coordinate tour scheduling efficiently.
- Gain a deep understanding of clients’ top-tier media targets, identifying key trade and business editors, as well as analysts.
- Monitor various media outlets vigilantly for coverage related to client news and competitor developments.
- Innovatively generate story angles that align with client objectives and current media trends.
- Conduct proactive media outreach and follow-up, aiming to develop robust media relationships.
- Provide logistical support for events such as satellite media tours, desk side briefings, and editor events, ensuring smooth execution and success.
- Mainly draft social media weekly, monthly, and annual plans in Chinese and English as part of larger integrated communication programs, demonstrating a strategic understanding of the overall communications strategy.
- Display proficiency in social media writing styles in Chinese, tailored for popular Chinese social platforms, including Little Red Book, Weibo, and WeChat, ensuring content is engaging and appropriate for each platform's unique audience and format.
- Proofread and edit client-related documents as needed, maintaining accuracy and consistency in all materials.
- Balance workload between projects and account staff to ensure that all work is accurate and completed within established deadlines
- Communicate frequently and appropriately with manager
- Attend agency staff meetings and group meetings
- Oversee interns and account coordinators as needed
- Track/enter time in a precise and timely manner
- Code and track invoices and coordinate with the Accounting Department
- Assist in weekly/monthly report preparation
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned
- Conduct research for plan development
- Research vendor costs for budget development
What you’ll bring
Bachelor’s Degree or above
2-3 years related professional experience in social media communications, destination/tourism experience is a plus
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English and Chinese, crucial for effective multicultural interaction.
- Very familiar with China social platforms including Little Red Book, Weibo, and WeChat,
- Flexibility in working across time zones to support U.S.-based clients, adapting to varying schedules as needed.
- Strong capacity to excel in high-pressure situations and manage multiple deadlines efficiently.
- Ability to mentor junior staff and interns, fostering a collaborative and respectful team environment.
- Proven leadership potential with the ability to lead projects and engage confidently with clients.
- Commitment to personal growth and professional development, with a proactive and adaptable approach to change.
- High integrity, excellent judgment, and a keen attention to detail in all professional interactions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet, and other relevant online services for effective project management.
Just as we #goallin for our clients, agency and industry – we #goallin for your career. In this role, you will have direct access to inspiring professionals and mentors who will not only help you improve your work, but establish a path for you to grow within Golin long term. Our employees stay for both the people and the agency’s willingness to be flexible with passions, purposes and career explorations.
For you to create the best work of your life, it’s important for us to give you the best experience. Being part of Golin Beijing means:
- Supplementary Medicare Schemes
- 18 days Annual Leave and 5 days Paid Sick Leave
- Birthday Leave and Gift
- Meal and Sport Allowance
- Festival Activities and Gift
- Annual Health Check
- Anniversary Bonus
To learn more about us visit: golin.com
Golin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Golin is committed to building a culture where all employees are seen as equal, are respected and where all opinions are heard. We take pride in our inclusive hiring, as well as our diverse workforce and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Personal data held by Golin relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Due to the large number of applications received, we apologize if we are unable to provide a response or feedback on unsuccessful applications. We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Golin.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.