We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Golin have fraudulently used our name – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorised representative of Golin with an email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.
Senior Media Relations Manager
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Do you check the headlines on your newsfeed before you’ve had even a sip of your morning coffee? Do you love working at the speed of real time to spot and influence trends before they become news? Do you get an adrenaline rush from landing a killer placement or leading a national PR campaign?
Golin is hiring an experienced Media Relations Sr. Manager to help drive program execution, earned media strategies and media coverage for one of the world’s biggest brands. This individual will know how to connect dots from trends in the earned media space to build smart strategies that drive impact for our clients. We are looking for someone with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, who stays on top of culture – especially when it comes to Gen Z - and views everything with an earned media lens.
- Serve as the day-to-day earned media lead in program execution, overseeing and participating in the development of press releases, pitches, key messages, etc.
- Contribute to and implement innovative, earned media strategies that are intended to reach diverse audiences and deliver on client objectives and business goals.
- Personally build strong relationships with national media and secure coverage across top-tier outlets, while also counseling junior staff on how to do the same.
- Stay ahead of new trends – particularly with Gen Z – by being relentlessly curious and in-the-know on pop culture (fashion, food, entertainment, gaming, music).
- Be an ongoing student of campaign activations in the industry and demonstrate a passion for brands that build trust with their consumers.
- Assist in connecting campaign objectives and tactics to develop thought-leadership narratives and media opportunities for brand executives.
- Collaborate with teams across multiple disciplines at the agency and successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges.
- Working closely with internal Issues and Measurement partners to understand campaign risks, reactive strategies and key performance metrics.
- Work together with agency partners to integrate on programs and connect dots.
- Have the ability to turn a few pieces of data or trends into actionable insights to influence creative ideas, campaign messaging and contribute to a media strategy.
- Be a team player and active contributor to the agency’s culture and values.
- Direct access to a large team of seasoned and talented professionals who will not only help improve your work but establish a path for you to grow within Golin long term.
- Ability to work and learn cross-functionally within a large, diverse account with many different workstreams.
- Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to hone and execute best-in-class media and client relations for one of the world’s biggest brands.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in PR, Communications or journalism, with 5+ years of related experience – QSR or food experience a plus!
- Understanding of earned media strategies and experience creating earned media plans.
- Superior writing and editing skills that can communicate creatively and in an engaging manner, keen understanding of AP style.
- Ability and desire to work independently and confidently, but as part of a team.
- An eye for details with an ability to focus on the larger picture and connect dots.
- Experience providing sound counsel and be comfortable providing editorial and response recommendations to clients.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal, pan agency and client teams at all levels.
To award our outstanding employees for the great work that they do, we offer a range of benefits:
- Flexible time off
- Extended Leave
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K matching program
- Training and career pathing
- Community service opportunities
Golin is a progressive public relations agency with expertise ranging from brand-building and cutting-edge digital content to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey, to deliver maximum impact for clients and reach a profoundly diverse global market. “Go All In” is the agency’s ethos and commitment to bravery over mediocrity.
We Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to Go All In for our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our Lifetime benefits program. Lifetime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, ridiculously good health and wellness benefits, and a monthly Lifetime stipend for the gym or hobbies. We really do want you to play as hard as you work!
Salary range: $70,000-$130,000
Golin has included the base salary range or hourly rate for this role. Actual compensation offered within the range will depend upon, among other factors: a candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience; actual ranges for current or former employees in the role; and market considerations.
Any request to schedule an interview and any legitimate offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Golin. We will never require an applicant to provide sensitive personally identifiable information in order to conduct an interview.
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.