We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Golin have fraudulently used our name – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorised representative of Golin with an email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.
Director, Media Relations & Account Management
New York, New York, United States
Do you check the headlines on your newsfeed before you’ve had even a sip of your morning coffee? Do you love working at the speed of real-time to spot and influence trends before they become news? Are some of your closest contacts working at the top national media outlets and do they take your calls? If so, we may have the perfect job for you.
Golin is hiring an earned and digital-savvy PR Media Relations Director who will have the ability to run a fast-paced business and partner with a team of integrated marketers to lead and grow the account. We are looking for someone who will keep our clients relevant with top media and influencers. You’ll build strong media and influencer relationships and always be on the lookout for opportunities in the consumer lifestyle, travel and leisure, health and wellness space that lead to coverage. You’ll transform product announcements, seasonal promotions, corporate milestones and data into compelling stories and craft interesting content that goes far beyond the press release.
Who We Are
Golin is a progressive public relations agency with expertise ranging from brand-building and cutting- edge digital content, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey, to deliver maximum impact for clients and reach a profoundly diverse global market. “Go All In” is the agency’s ethos and commitment to bravery over mediocrity.
We Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to Go All In for our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy, and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. Lifetime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, ridiculously good health and wellness benefits, and a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. We really do want you to play as hard as you work!
Ready to go all in with us?
Responsibilities/What you will do:
- Oversee client relationships and IAT workstreams in partnership with VP/SVP.
- Draw from a variety of sources to ensure high-quality tactical and strategic media programs.
- Draft media strategies from scratch and work with VP/SVP to lead projects and campaigns from concept/planning through to execution.
- Oversee junior team members and provide effective delegation of project deliverables and ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Counsel teams and clients at a high level and recognize potential challenges and drive action to remedy them early.
- Establish a presence in team and client meetings. Convey media strategy and insights with authority while delivering engaging, and persuasive presentations to effectively articulate ideas to clients and colleagues.
- Draft media relations materials, including news releases, pitch letters, fact sheets and other content for pitches, reports and proposals
- Book and schedule press tours/desk side briefings with reporters, producers and contributors/influencers
- Supervise the production of weekly, monthly and quarterly earned media
- Prepare and often lead media updates for client meetings and conference
- Proven ability to routinely land profiles for clients in high-profile/top-tier national business and general interest media outlets including, but not limited to the AP, WSJ, NYT, Fortune, Forbes, USA Today, People, Buzzfeed, TODAY.com, Refinery29, Conde Nast Traveler, Town & Country, Time and Newsweek. These are featured placements and not just announcements.
- Proven ability to routinely land segments on the top broadcast business shows, network news programs, daytime and late-night entertainment shows.
- Champion of diverse talent, proactively cultivates an inclusive culture, and uses cultural competence to drive agency and client’s business forward.
What you will have:
- 9+ years of consumer lifestyle media relations experience
- Experience securing national coverage in both traditional media (newspapers, magazines, TV) and online media is a must
- Experience with national television guest booking and segment development
- Client management and account leadership experience
- Solid creative writing and communication skills with the ability to develop news/story angles and pitches
- Proactive, creative thinker and dynamic team player who is results-driven and works well under pressure
- Leadership skills/experience and the ability to motivate others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and media monitoring, tracking and reporting tools such as Muckrack, Cision, Critical Mention, Burrelle’s, Factiva, CARMA,
Salary range: $94,000 - $165,000
Golin has included the base salary range or hourly rate for this role. Actual compensation offered within the range will depend upon, among other factors: a candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience; actual ranges for current or former employees in the role; and market considerations.
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.